Saturday 6 May 2017

Turned Out Nice!

What a week its been weather wise. I finished my nights on Friday morning and must say sleeping over the last week has been almost impossible knowing that the sun was shining outside. I got up most days by noon so I could spend the afternoon lounging in the garden and / or strolling the promenade in Peel. I didn't walk on Monday in favour of spending the afternoon with Christine and visiting my sister for the first time in what seems like an age. Are first stop was the MSPCA in Foxdale where we had a piece of Cheese Cake big enough to sink a ship! That put any plan of an evening stroll on hold due to feeling like I was carrying a lead weight around with me. Cheesecake for breakfast was maybe not the best idea!

I trained Tuesday and Thursday, as usual, taking in the prom route around Douglas and Onchan on both nights. On Wednesday evening Christine and I went through to the NSC where there was a get together of family and friends of the late Murray Lambden. We arrived quite early but were not surprised by the amount of people already there. He really will be sadly missed by all.

The plan was to do some decent miles on Friday with Ray. unfortunately Ray was held up in the morning and I had a massage planned so by the time Ray called I could only get out for an hour before peeling off. Ray continued on for some additional mileage due to being required for medical cover on the Manx National Rally on the Saturday morning, preventing him from training with the usual Saturday group.

Saturdays walk turned into a bit of a marathon in the end (or a mile short of one anyway) Andy, Richard, Stew and I headed off from the NSC at 0700 and took in the back road from Strang to Crosby, heading straight over the cross roads up to the Garth past Gilbys Stables, then out to St Marks before turning and heading out to the Ballamodha where we went left for half a mile or so before turning right onto the road that leads up to the Cringle Reservoir. After another mile or so we went left and found are way back to Silverdale via Grenaby where more fluids were taken on-board from an outside tap Richard had found and used in the past. Once hydrated we followed the Parish Route backwards along Orrisdale and the Old Castletown Road as far as the Oatlands Road but continued straight on through Crogga Mill and White Hoe to end up back at The Caff for refreshments. The Caff has recently been refurbished and I'm pleased to say The Caff Racewalking Team photo, from last years Parish, has made it onto the Wall of Fame.

Myself and Wifey are out tonight, we went out last night just for tea time drinks but were home for 20:00 due to me walking this morning. I am planning to do the Northern 10 tomorrow morning, signing on from 07:15 for an 08:00 start, but it will depend on two things, 1 , if I get home early enough tonight, and 2, if I can find someone to give me a lift as I wont be driving up unless it turns out tonight ( doubtful ) that we are home before the band finishes.

Good Luck to those that are running and walking in the morning. I hope to be there, if only to walk the legs off a bit from today.

No comments:

Post a Comment