Sunday 7 May 2017

A Sunny Northern 10

It was perfect conditions in Ramsey this morning for the Northern Athletics Club Paul Collins Northern 10. After staying out far too late last night and still feeling the walk from the day before I wasn't to keen on making the trip up to Ramsey this morning but with a little encouragement from Christine (a foot up the arse) I reluctantly and gingerly climbed out of bed, showered and headed off with Christine who had decided also to get up, the weather was far too nice to be lay in bed anyway. From Ramsey Football club we headed out of Ramsey toward Sulby. Thankfully Chris had taken my own, Marie Jacksons and Sharon Cains drinks as within the first mile or so the temperature had risen. I had started to quick which in turn meant I wasn't walking well (thanks Marie) but as I settled / slowed down my walking improved. The walk back in from St Judes to Ramsey differed from previous years, as in, we were instructed by the Marshal to walk on the left hand side of the road. The camber on this side was evidently worse than that on the right hand side and played its part in a few walkers including myself to complain of sore hips and glutes immediately after the finish. A massive well done to Adam Cowin, Hannah Hunter and Steve Partington who were the top 3 finishers in that order, Hannah winning the Female race in a time of 85mins. Jayne Farquhar knocked two minutes of her previous best to finish 3rd Female and 6th Overall. Sharon and Louise Hollings both knocked over two and a half minutes off there PB's to finish 5th and 6th Female 9th and 10th Overall. Marie Jackson was 2nd Female and 5th, I finished 4th Overall 3rd Male which I was happy with as the event was being used as a recovery walk after yesterday as I knew I would not motivate myself to get out today otherwise.

Thanks to all at Northern AC for hosting the event, Paul Collins for sponsoring and the Marshals for keeping us safe at the road junctions / crossings.

No comments:

Post a Comment