Tuesday 3 January 2017

Glad Thats Over!

Happy New Year to You and Yours and All the Best in 2017!

I'm Glad that's Over, the last two weeks have been spent eating and drinking my way through enough to support a small country. The effects of which are now visible to those close to me including Christine who keeps on eyeing me up and down, and in a telling voice simply says...... 'Jesus'.


I am more likely not alone in putting a few festive pounds on in the last two weeks or so, one thing that is certain though is the training will step up again now with the run up to the Fireman's Charity Walk only 15 weeks away. hopefully the extra pounds will come off as easily as they have gone on, cutting out the Toblerone alone will in its self have a positive effect. Did you know each one of those lovely Swiss chocolate Triangles has 175 Calories, having 3 grown up children meant I had 3 of the buggers to get through.... what else do they get someone who in their words 'has everything already'.


I worked over the Christmas and New Year period, being on shift working for the Generation department of Manx Utilities at Pulrose Power Station meant I traveled most days from Peel to Douglas to get to work. I was surprised how many people I seen training during these commutes. some with there new day glow leggings and jackets acquired as Christmas gifts no doubt, but also a few of the more experienced walkers, Stew Jones to name one, who I seen making his way toward Peel from I guess Onchan (home) walking really strongly, an inspiration to anyone has to be Zoe Lambie who I passed almost every day over the fortnight either walking to or from Douglas, the miles Zoe does in a week are truly remarkable. I trained a couple of times over the 2 week period covering only short distances at a medium pace. I have had an issue with my Achilles now for sometime and have now decided to seek advise from a clinic in Settle, Yorkshire, recommended to me by Gianni Epifani. I have Physio once a week by Bronwen Kaneen who has kept me competing, even with the issue, throughout the latter 2016 events already mentioned in an earlier Blog but hopefully a trip to the Rebound Clinic, who carry out a number of different assessments to indentify any issues with biomechanical dysfunction injuries in the feet and legs i.e. injuries which occur due to abnormal or excessive motion of the structures in the lower limbs when moving, will assist further in trying to overcome the issue before any of the longer races start this year.




















No comments:

Post a Comment